Monday, September 18, 2006

(G/C)-OLD RUSH

~Ooc: Magic
----------------------------------------------

Last August 26, we attended the (G/C)-OLD RUSH Tourney at SM Megamall at ortigas. It was a complete letdow though (Suso kaming lahat, so to speak) but I'll write about it anyways. I assumed control of JM's deck after I got a P300 Adarkar Valkyrie from the shop. Here's a quick list:

---
23x Plains

4x Leonin Skyhunter
4x Paladin En-Vec
4x White-Shield Crusader
4x Savannah Lion
4x Samurai of the Plae Curtain
3x Jotun Owl Keeper
1x Adarkar Valkyrie
1x Serra Angel

4x Glorius Anthem
3x Shining Shoal
2x Bathe in Light
2x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Wrath of God

---

I'll leave the sideboard out. Anyway, my final ranking was somewhere in #80th or somewhere. My standing? 8w-10l. Very Crappy. I owe my wins to Paladin En-Vec though, a very powerful card. It can win games all by itself... Anyways, I learned a valuable lesson there: Never use someone else's deck unless you've playtested it extensively. John Mark (The deck's owner) also used Austin's Grull Beats deck, and although the the deck was above average in power level, We almost ended up in a tie. It's sad. If only Austin is the one who played the Grull deck and John Mark is the one who played the White weenie deck, I have no doubts that at least one of them could have placed somewhere in the winning tables. *sigh* Anyways, past is past. To the next tourney!

No comments: