Monday, January 15, 2007

More Magic

~Ooc:Magic
----------------------------------------------

And here I am again, fine tuning my M:tG Decklist. I scrapped my Walk the Aeons deck (I'm not sure why I tried that variant), and continued improving on Katsuhiro Mori's decklist. My playtesting is showing solid results - 22 Lands is not enough. So here's my current list:

011507 ~ PickleTron

4x Adarkar Wastes
4x Boreal Shelves (Should've been Hallowed Fountain T_T)
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Powerplant
4x Urza's Tower
2x Urza's Factory (Upped the alternate wincon by 1)
1x Azorius Chancery (No Prahv, It's in the sideboard Jun. Don't Worry. ^^)
1x Vesuva (No Academy Ruins, Since I don't have Trisk)
---
24 Lands

2x Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
2x Vesuvan Shapeshifter
1x Brine Elemental (The Trisk wincon is now a bit more comple semi-stasis lockdown. It's weaker IMO, but I'll try it still.)
---
5x Creatures

4x Compulsive Research
4x Remand
4x Azorius Signet
3x Dimir Signet (Prismatic Lens DOES NOT work. But I'll try Spectral Searchlight.)
3x Wrath of God (Four is overkill and clutters my first seven.)
2x Faith's Fetters (I want to squeeze one more though...)
2x Think Twice
2x Annex (I saw this on Mori's "2006 The Finals" winning decklist...)
2x Spell Burst
2x Mana Leak (I'm not sure about this slot... Mori has Tidings here...)
1x Careful Consideration
1x Mystical Teachings
1x Repeal (Utility removal)
---
31 Other Spells

The sideboard's situational, but this is my deck right now. I'll try to get some Tidings next time, and squeeze a couple of Faith's fetters (Although I'd like to playtest Temporal Isolation too). Oh and Btw, here's my:

Planar Chaos Wish List!

@White -
4x Dawn Charm (1W;Instant;Common;Choose one - Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn; or, regenerate target creature; or, counter target spell targeting you.) - I love 2cc Counterspells that can save my creatures and myself from lethal damage... ^^; Definitely a 4-of in my deck!
?x Voidstone Gargoyle (3WW;Creature-Gargoyle;Rare;Flying,As Voidstone Gargoyle comes into play, name a nonland card.The named card can't be played.Activated abilities of permanents with that name can't be played.Activated abilities of cards with that name that aren't in play can't be played.;3/3) - Holy Sh*zz, it's Meddling Mage + Pithing Needle! I need at least one of this in my deck!
4x Mana Tithe (W;Instant;Common;Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1) - What's better than a 2cc counterspell? a 1cc Counterspell! A timeshifted Force Spike is still a Force Spike. A powerful card, to be sure.
4x Sunlance (W;Sorcery;Common;Sunlance deals 3 damage to target nonwhite creature.) - Not sure why though... ~_~

@Blue -
?x Body Double (4U;Creature-Shapeshifter;Rare;As Body Double comes into play, you may choose a creature card in a graveyard. If you do, Body Double comes into play as a copy of that card.;0/0) - Again, I'm not sure why, but this card has potential. I'd need four in a deck though...

@Black -
4x Dash Hopes (BB;Instant;Common;When you play Dash Hopes, any player may pay 5 life. If a player does, counter Dash Hopes.Counter target spell.) - It's a lose-lose situation if you're using a Rakdos Deck ^^;
4x Damnation (2BB...Do I really have to write this? It's a freaking Wrath of God!) - Duh.

@Red -
4x Blood Knight (RR;Creature-Human Knight;Uncommon;First strike, protection from white;2/2) - Huge potential. Anything with Pro-White has HUGE potential.

@Green -
I guess I'm giving most of my Green Cards at Jun, so I don't have a wish list for it. ^^; But Magus of the Library (GG;Creature-Human Wizard;Rare;T:Add 1 to your mana pool,T:Draw a card. Play this ability only if you have exactly seven cards in hand.;1/1) is one powerful Control Card... I guess I want a playset of that...

@Multicolor & Lands
None.

I guess that's it! ^^; It's time for my next class, so Ciao!

No comments: