Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Reminisce

~Ooc: Life
----------------------------------------------

Last September 10, two days before my birthday, I dated Ms. Birthday Girl (My Bestfriend (Grace)) on Alabang Town Center. It was very fun, and although it bordered on disastrous, we really enjoyed it. Let me recount the tale:

I overslept. I woke up 10:00am, and I'm supposed to meet Grace at 12:30. On Binan. Quite a lot of miles away. So, I got out of the house sometime after 11:30, and told my best that I would be late. It didn't sit well with her, but what can she do? ^^ First mistake: I didn't realize that the Jeepney (PUJ) I was on didn't have any 'Highway' signboards up. Meaning, I went through the city propers of Cabuyao and Sta. Rosa before going though the City proper of Binan. Which is a short walk away from where were supposed to meet.

Anyhow, I met up with best sometime after 1:00. We got on an FX, and half an hour later, we stood on Alabang Town Center. Second Mistake: Check the Movie Schedules BEFORE the date. Nothing was showing. At least nothing good. Nothing that interest me nor Grace. Oh, and Third Mistake: Emphasize that since the date's after lunch, you need to have eaten some lunch before the date. Grace ate a late breakfast, but still, she hasn't eaten a proper lunch, so I took her to eat somewhere.

Did you know how expensive it was to dine at Friday's? I asked her where she'd eat and she turned around and there it was, so we went in. A few minutes later (After a glimpse of their menu...) we went out. It was freaking embarassing, but we laughed it off. We ended up eating a clubhouse sandwich and a sansrival at Gerry's downstairs. We order unknown drinks only to find that it was laced with alcohol. LOTS of alcohol. Just perfect. We then started talking about our lives...about her and lee breaking up, about me and aubrey and my stupidity. Lots of refreshing little things. It was a nice change of pace. Soon, It's 5:00pm. So, we went off to the next mall! ^^

At Festival Mall, I checked the Magic stores to see what's up, before we settled on the cute little coffee shop at the food court. Another hour passed while we chatted, and then it was time to leave. The trip back home was uneventful, and I bought her a Toblerone as a parting gift.

The date has many flaws, but for us it was near perfect. *sigh* Happy birthday, Bestfriend!

No comments: